Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Beginning...



Where to start?  Gosh, I have been keeping a budget file for as long as I have been married, thanks to my detail-oriented, well-organized husband!  But, I don't think I have really stuck to it strictly or knew that I could cut here and there until the economy started taking a turn for the worse and my husband and I started having more arguments about money more often probably because of all the issues that come about from trying to provide for a family of five now and in the long future to come, so we hope.

Then, like a gift from God, I had a chance to read an article from Real Simple magazine, titled, "Women and Money" (http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/money/planning/womenandmoney-00100000086161/index.html)
--it was just what I needed to get inspired to thinking about money in a more approachable way.  I must say the real change came about once I started reading the books on their recommendation list, one of which included The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko (Gallery Books, 1998) http://www.amazon.com/The-Millionaire-Next-Door-Surprising/dp/1589795474/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358260977&sr=8-1&keywords=millionaire+next+door.  The key thing I took away from the book is frugality of the wife (one of the key characteristics of self-made millionaires).  And, I started taking better control of the money we have in order to set in proper motion for our future of five.  So, I guess that is my beginning, the life and wonder of five! Stay tuned for more!




No comments: